Another Unhappy Republican

>> Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another unhappy Republican was so upset with my comment on his post, he made a post addressed directly to me of which he titled, Wake Up Bob. He even added a picture of some guy with his head buried in the sand. I'm thinking he posed for that picture personally. Because he goes by the name Lot2Learn, I ended my comment to his post with the phrase " Lot2Learn really does have a lot to learn". Apparently this was enough for him to dedicate an entire post to me. So I'll return the favor. In his post he suggests that I'm living in a kool-aid induced wonderland and even goes so far as to call me and all other people who support Obama, Zombies. He also says he can only imagine that in my mind that Obama and our government should make all decisions for us, feed us, clothe us, keep us healthy and give us a job. Wrong! Lot2Learn has a big imagination and a lot to learn. I believe Obama is doing what he has to do to fix the worst recession since the great depression that he inherited from the Bush administration. I believe Bush was the one who coined the phrase "I'm the decider". Obama doesn't want to make my decisions, he wants to make the Presidents decisions. Obama doesn't want to feed us or clothe us, he wants to give us the ability to feed and clothe ourselves. Obama doesn't want to keep us healthy, he just wants every American to have affordable health insurance. If you can't understand that then maybe you are the one who is a Zombie. In his post he also says that a President should represent all Americans, not just the far left. Isn't that what Bush did? He only represented the far right. Whether Republicans realize it or not, Obama is representing all Americans. Just because he raised the taxes on people making over $250,000 a year, greedy Republicans are crying because they might lose a few dollars. Then he goes on to remind me and all the other Zombies who support Obama that this is the greatest nation on earth, and what our fathers and grandfathers, and great grandfathers fought for, and lets remember the men and women that stand watch for you 24 hours a day so that you can be free. Lots2Learn, I don't need you to remind me, I never forget that, but if we don't let our government regulate some of those freedoms we will lose them to the rich conservatives who want nothing more than to control our government. Lot2Learn, your nickname is really appropriate because you really did miss something.

20 comments:

askcherlock June 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

It just amazes me that some Right-wingers are pouncing so hard on Obama. He has been in office a very short time, yet has worked at warp speed to implement the programs for which the majority of Americans voted.

I don't recall Bush asking the American public whether Gitmo should be turned into a torture chamber. In fact he and Cheney outright lied about sending us to war in Iraq with an absurd story about WMD's. Maybe they think if they shout loud enough, we will forget that we are still in the clean-up process after the previous administration.

josie July 1, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

yes I read that post, I'm not an American but I believe that Pres. Obama is doing everything to solve the economic crisis in your country and I know that this is not a simple problem that can be solve overnight, it will take time and I hope they will give him more time. Same thing is happening in my country.

Harrison July 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Obama isn't representing my concerns.

politicus July 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Judging by comments on my site, there are a lot of very unhappy and frustrated Republicans out there.

I suppose if I was a part of the huge disaster of the past eight years, I would be unhappy as well. In their case, though it doesn't seem to be a sense of well-deserved guilt, but rather a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

Good luck guys!

First thing that I would suggest is for you to actually open up your closed minds and learn, learn, learn!

Bob July 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Harrison, Obama is addressing the concerns of the majority of Americans and 61% are happy with the job he is doing. You can't please everybody.

lot 2 learn July 1, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Hey, it's me, Lot2learn aka Rob
Unhappy republican ? Nope
Unhappy American ? YES YES YES
I am not just pouncing on Obama, I am pouncing on the out of control government
Only time will tell which of us is right or wrong about where Obama is leading us

Unknown July 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Yeah, you tell 'em Bob! (You did forget to add, "Na-nana-na-na," however.)

Bob July 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Lot2Learn aka Rob, To me our government was out of control when Bush was in office, and we are just now starting to get it under control, but your right about the fact that only time will tell which one of us is right.
FishHawk, you said it for me.

Harrison July 1, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

It's 57 and falling. Don't let it hit you on the way down. You'd think with the way Liberals bitch about Bush Obama would be doing better. I guess all those broken campaign pledges are annoying gays, ACLUers, and Greenies.

Bob July 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Harrison, don't gloat to much about that 4% fall. Here's some info I found at cnbc.com written June 17th. Americans continue to like the new president and favor his party over the GOP. Sixty percent of Americans say they hold a positive view of Obama, compared to 29 percent of who hold a negative view. Americans rate the Democratic Party positively by a 45 percent to 37 percent margin; Republicans receive just 25 percent positive marks, compared to 44 percent negative. I hope you're not hoping Obama fails just like Rush Limbaugh is, because wishing he fails means our country fails to recover from the worst recession since the depression which really is anti-American. Are you anti-American?

Harrison July 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

I guess Rush went over your head. Saying he hopes Obama's AGENDA fails is not the same thing as hoping AMERICA fails.

And lest the Lord comes down and anoints Obama let's not forget that if you look at O's popularity now vs. W's at the same time in their presidency they are separated by a mere 2% (57 vs. 55).

Popularity has only one way to go and that is DOWN (it's physics or something afterall)

Bob July 2, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Rush said he hopes Obama fails, and after he started getting backlash from that comment, he gave the explanation that he hoped Obama's agenda fails. But helping the economy recover is part of Obama's agenda. Rush is nothing but liar and a drug addict and could never go over my head, but I guess he can fool some people such as you. Like Rob told me, time will tell which one of us is right.

Harrison July 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

So you think that the fate of Obama's agenda is so tied into the fate of the US that the two cannot be separated? You must think Obama is very important and/or America is helpless.


BTW I don't listen to Rush I just explained how the logic of his statement worked. :-)

Bob July 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

yes and OK

Harrison July 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

If you believe that then I understand why you feel the way that you do but the US did not destroy itself when Lincoln or Kennedy or McKinley were murdered and I think no president is that important.

Mrs Sweetwater July 3, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Bob, I read their post finally today and decided to comment on yours' instead.

you are right on point. this guy is a sore loser who is leftover from the fringe teaparty element.

maybe one day they will wake up and take their heads out of their leaders sandbox, we should pray.

till then, you keep working it out and keep bloggin a great blog. folks like that are all over the internet; spreading meanspirit nothingness as an agenda, sadly.

You Bob have something to say, and you put it in the best terms possible - easy to understand, and think out for yourself.

I'm With You Bob, they should step away from that crap. they need to learn to make their own decisions, because the Decider has Left the Building.

I'm With Fishhawk - Na Na Na Na Na HA !

Bob July 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Did I say the US would destroy itself? All I ever said was that if the Republicans get control and stay in control, then they will succeed in destroying the middle class just like they almost did when Bush was in office, and if McCain would have won the Presidency, for sure the Republicans would succeeded in destroying the middle class letting the rich control our government. Obama is making sure that doesn't happen at least till the end of 2012.

Bob July 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Harrison, you've reach your limit to comments on this post. I agree the Democrats Cap and Trade bill is not a good one, but it ain't as bad as you make sound. Anyone who wants to read Harrison's post on Cap and Trade can go to his website.

Mike Golch July 5, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

it is always the same with republicansevery tima a Democrate tries to help the people of the United States they get up in arms.Who benifited from the bush administration? the rich.It was the same thinking about the FDR years.they were going to undo all the good he has done.

Metz July 10, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Dropping by to catch up on my reading here and to greet yah a restful weekend ahead :) xoxo


  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP